CouchDB installation on OS X
January 8, 2009 § Leave a comment
Here’s a quick tutorial on how to install CouchDB on OS X Leopard:
- Make sure you have darwinport installed because that’s how I install mine.
- Make sure you have installed easy_install for Python.
- Install Erlang: ‘sudo port install erlang‘
- Install CouchDB: ‘sudo port install couchdb +server‘
- Launch CouchDB: ‘sudo launchctl load -w /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.CouchDB.plist‘
- Install couchdb-python: ‘easy_install couchdb‘
See if CouchDB is running:
- Go to ‘http://localhost:5984/‘
- The most recent CouchDB in darwinport is 0.72. In this version, I’m having problem with creating an ad-hoc View. Reading some posts online, it seems that this problem is solved in version 0.8.