Bazaar: Version Control System
October 5, 2008 § Leave a comment
From first impression, I like Bazaar, here’s why:
- It’s written in Python.
- Furthermore, because it is written in Python, installation is a breeze: `easy_install bzr`
- It has similar terminology to SVN. That means lower learning curve.
- Bazaar has really good storage compression. See the comparisons that others have done below.
Bit of History:
Martin Pool started Bazaar when he was just hired by Canonical, ltd.
List of Projects using Bazaar[link]:
Below is not the complete list, see link above for more.
- GNU Mailman
- Squid – Caching Proxy project. It caches frequently visited web pages.
Others have attempted to compare Bazaar vs Git:
- Bazaar Main Page
- John Arbash Meinel (Bazaar’s developer) blog
- Wikipedia – Bazaar
- Wikipedia – Git
- Wikipedia – Mercurial