8 Financial reason to buy Apple Macintosh
August 3, 2007 § 1 Comment
Below is the bullet points of what I’ve read in CIO.com:
- Mac brings a better overall value proposition. It means, “… In Gartenberg’s opinion, Mac machines compare favorably in pricing to similarly outfitted Windows-enabled systems from OEMs such as Dell, Hewlett-Packard and Lenovo …“
- Macintosh licensing fees are cheaper. The article only compares number of users customer can have per server box. Xserve gives unlimited users while Windows gives different price points per # of users.
- Macintosh desktop computer spawn fewer calls to help desk. I think this one is obvious.
- Macintosh users are more productive workers. I’m not sure about this one… How can you measure something so subjective.
- Macintosh last longer. That’s probably true.
- Mac OS X is more secure. Ahh… the classic flamebait. Yes, of course it is more secure… compared to Windows.
- Macintosh is as cost-effective to administer as Windows.
- Macintosh box can run multiple OSes, therefore not eliminating your prior investment in different OS.